Nutrition is the main element to a bikini body or loosing body fat. Get this right and you are most of the way there. Don’t be fooled that hours spent at the gym allows you that bad diet or boozy night out, and yes call me a fool – that’s what I used to think!
The good news is that it’s not rocket science, the secret to clean eating and that’s really what we are talking about here is fairly simple. The hard part, the really hard part is winning the battle of the mind.
Meet and get very friendly with Mr Will Power, because he’s going to be your best friend when it comes to achieving the results you want.
Be consistent. What does that mean? Well essentially it means preparing your food in advance. No just grabbing a sandwich or a quick fix snack on the go. You have to have your food with you, you know what that means ladies, get a bigger handbag!
Follow these simple rules and you are a big step towards loosing body fat:
- Stop counting calories, it’s about the right amounts of protein, fats and carbs, also known as macronutrients. Let’s face it a couple of bars of chocolate or a couple of slices of cake, and even a glass of wine or 2 and you’ve reached your calorie goal for the day…but will you really loose body fat?
- Protein should be consumed with every meal. People have differing views on how much protein you should eat but from my experience you need 2g of Protein for every kilo of body weight. E.g. if you weigh 60kg then you should be eating 120g of protein a day.
- Eat GOOD fats … Fat will not make you fat. This is an old myth that was generated in the 80tys with the government telling people eggs and any fat was bad for you. A load of, you guessed it, RUBBISH. Good fats such as Avocado, Almonds, coconut oil are all needed to maintain a healthy body and loose fat.
- Drink 2-3 litres of water a day. Get ready to make lots of visits to the loo. Water is so good on every level and simple put it helps you lose weight.
- Eat Breakfast – ditch the cereal, it’s the devil’s food. Make sure it’s high in protein. I typically have 3 eggs and 100g of spinach cooked in a teaspoon of coconut oil. Asparagus is really good alternative too.
- Carbs are not bad – eat good quality carbs. Sorry I’m not talking cake! I ate oats, sweet potato and brown rice during my competition prep. You can’t lose body fat and gain lean muscle by starving your body of carbs. And by avoiding them you will crave the demon sugar.
- Eat plenty of green veg and fruit. You can’t eat too much green veg, it fills you up and is a great source of fibre and has all sorts of lovely vitamins.
- Throw away the bathroom scales and get some kitchen scales. They don’t have to be expensive – I picked up mine from ARGOS £10.99